Mittwoch, 10. September 2014

[Abandoned book of the month] The Glass Ocean - Lori Baker

This has been the first book since my childhood that I don't want to finish.
And it was quite surprising as the ratings on the internet are really good so apparently it manages to capture a lot of people's attention.

I tried to read it a few months ago but couldn't quite get into the story so I gave up after about seven pages. Then I tried again a week ago and made it about 70 pages in but I always had to force myself to read this book. I again and again felt how my thoughts began to wander away from the story and I just don't know what it's supposed to be all about.

I didn't like any of the characters, I kept forgetting their names and who they are (after only seventy pages!) so I decided that my life is too short to torture myself.

I feel very sorry for this book but I guess you can't like every book you read.

Rating:


 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen