Dienstag, 14. Januar 2014

Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices #1) - Cassandra Clare

It took me almost two weeks to finish this books but not because I didn't like it but because I only had time to read it on my way to Uni or before going to sleep.
(Exams are quite exhausting.)

Last year I read 'City of Bones' and I have to admit that I didn't get that it was the same world in both of the series until my friend explained it to me.
And then I did recognize the names of some of the characters in this book and discovered the relations between them and the persons in 'City of Bones'.

But it wasn't actually a disadvantage that I didn't know it because I probably wouldn't have read 'Clockwork Angel' if I did. I didn't really like the first book of the Mortal Instruments series, I guess I was a bit too old for it.

But 'Clockwork Angel' seemed a bit more grown up although all the characters still are younger than me.

In addition to that I liked the setting in this one much more because London in the Victorian era is my favourite setting of all time in books.
New York just doesn't fascinate me as much.

But there are also negative aspects to this book. None of the characters really could make me like him or her and I wouldn't have cared very much if any of the protagonists died.
The plot was exciting but not surprising at all unfortunately and also the mean characters had a lot potential which wasn't fully used.

In the end it definitely was a better book than 'City of Bones' in my opinion and I probably will read the other two book in the trilogy.

Rating:






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen