Samstag, 7. Dezember 2013

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass - Lewis Carroll

Last Sunday I watched 'Alice in Wonderland' on TV and that made me want to read the book which had been lying beside my bed for weeks.
I don't want to write anything about the plot of 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' because I think most of us know what it is about.
But I haven't known about 'Through the Looking-Glass' before reading the book so I'm going to introduce you to it.
It actually is another adventure that we experience together with Alice. One day she wonders what might be behind the Looking-Glass because there is no doubt for her that there must be another world behind it as she can see a room in it that looks similar to the one she's in.
And she's right, she passes through the Looking-Glass and meets lots of strange creatures.

I really enjoyed the second story as I found a lot of characters from the film in it like Tweedledum and Tweedledee and finally understood where the Jabberwocky came from.
So 'Through the Looking-Glass' was actually a greater experience for me as I already knew the plot of 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' beforehand.

I really don't know how I could wait that long because these two stories are definitely worth reading, I think even more for adults than for children.
Why?
Most adults have lost the ability to dream or to make up stories and this book is filled with fantasy and the writing style is amazing.
It might give the ability to dream to those who have lost it.

And I have to mention once more, I would love this book to death without knowing the content because it is absolutely beautiful.

Rating:





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen